Deadlines: 20 November 2015
Open to: citizens of ECOWAS Members States less than 30 years of age with Masters degree or equivalent qualification in fields related to activities
Remuneration: competitive salary, post adjustment allowance, housing and transport allowance, family grant
The ECOWAS Bank for Investment and Development (EBID) is an international financial institution owned by the fifteen Member States of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) namely Benin, Burkina Faso, Cabo Verde, Côte d’Ivoire, The Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone and Togo. The headquarters of the Bank is in Lome, Togolese Republic.
The mission of EBID is to work towards the emergence of an economically strong, industrialized, prosperous West Africa which is fully integrated within the region and world economy in order to take advantage of the opportunities offered by globalization.
Within the framework of launching its Young Professionals Programme, EBID seeks to recruit young graduates from universities and other tertiary institutions of learning in the West African sub region and the diaspora.
The selected candidates will be appointed as Young Trainee Professional Staff in the Bank under a 2-year fixed term contract. The candidates will observe a probationary period of 6 months during which each party may terminate the relationship without prior notice. However, where the performance of the Young Trainee Professional Staff is deemed to be satisfactory during the probationary period, their appointment shall be converted into an open-ended contract which means they will be permanent members of staff of the Bank.
The citizens of ECOWAS Members States who fulfill the following criteria are invited to apply:
- Less than 30 years of age at the time of recruitment;
- Masters degree or equivalent qualification in fields related to activities of the Bank in particular, Asset/Liabilities Management, Audit, Communication and Marketing, Corporate Language Services (Terminology processing, Revising, Interpreting and Translating), Finance, Infrastructure, Legal counselling, film production and photography (Bank projects and communication activities), Private Sector Operations, Public Sector Operations, Risk Management or a qualification in any other area that is relevant to the activities of the Bank;
- Ability to work in a team and under pressure within a multicultural environment;
- Analytical and organizational skills, ability to plan and determine priorities;
- Good research skills for obtaining pertinent information (banking analysis, statistics, monitoring competitive trends etc.) from external sources in particular, electronic data bases and other media admitted for professional purposes.
- Good knowledge of office automation systems (Excel, Word, Access and Power Point);
- Fluent in English/French/Portuguese with a working knowledge of one of the other two languages.
The conditions of service shall correspond to those for grade P1-1 in the EBID staff classification and salary scale. Various allowances (post adjustment allowance, housing and transport allowance, family grant where necessary) will be added to the salary. Furthermore, during the period of their appointment the young professionals shall be admitted into the Bank’spension scheme. The young professionals shall also be entitled to insurance cover against: death and permanent disability, total and permanent disability, temporary occupational disability, partial permanent disability, personal accident and sickness.
How to apply?
Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should forward their application dossier to the Bank in paper form. The dossier will comprise:
- A detailed curriculum vitae;
- Copy of qualifications obtained;
- Copy of national identity card or passport;
- Copy of birth certificate;
- A letter of motivation indicating reasons for participating in the programme, areas of competence/interest, relevant experience and career prospects.
Applications should reach the Bank no later than 20 November 2015 to the following address:
ECOWAS BANK FOR INVESTMENT AND DEVELOPMENT (EBID)
Department of Administration and General Services
Young Professionals Recruitment Programme
128, Bd. du 13 janvier BP 2704 Lomé – Togo
For more information please visit the official website.