Deadline: January 25, 2017
Locaiton: UK and Ireland.
Open to: citizens of any country are eligible to apply for these fellowships.
Applications are now open for the L’Oréal UK and Ireland Fellowships for Women in Science. Up to five fellowships will be awarded in 2017 to outstanding women scientists in the early stages of their career to enable and/or facilitate promising scientific research. The fellowships are tenable at any UK or Irish university or research institute to support a 12-month period of postdoctoral research in any area of life, physical and computer sciences, engineering and mathematics.
The L’Oréal-UNESCO UK and Ireland Fellowships for Women in Science are awards offered by a partnership between L’Oréal UK & Ireland, the UK National Commission for UNESCO and the Irish National Commission for UNESCO, with the support of the Royal Society, to promote, enhance and encourage the contribution of women pursuing their research careers in the UK or Ireland in the fields of the life and physical sciences.
Students have to follow the given criteria:
- Candidates must be female early career researchers who have already been awarded their research doctorate in the fields of life, physical and computer sciences, engineering and mathematics.
- Candidates must have no more than 10 years’ active full-time equivalent postdoctoral experience (discounting career breaks, but including teaching experience and/or time spent in industry).
- Candidates must not currently hold a permanent academic post, or have ever held a permanent academic post in the past, or have received, before the start date of the award, the promise of a permanent academic post.
- Candidates must be undertaking research in the life or physical sciences, computer science, engineering, mathematics. Psychology, science education and social sciences are not eligible for this Fellowship.
- Candidates must be conducting their research at a UK or Irish university or research institute.
- Candidates can be citizens of any country. However, applicants must already have a confirmed contract covering the 12-month period of the Fellowship at a University or Research Institute within the UK or Ireland. Applicants must already be residing within the UK or Ireland at the time of application.
The Fellowship is intended to support a 12-month period of postdoctoral research. The award money will be paid in full at the start of the Fellowship, which must be within 6 months of the announcement of the award. Only in exceptional circumstances will a later start date be considered. Recipients are required to submit a final scientific report and a final financial expenditure statement on completion of the Fellowship. The fellowship grant can be used to fund conference or collaborator travel, purchase of consumables or equipment, paying for childcare, funding a student/research assistant, publishing costs. The funds cannot be used to pay for the candidate’s salary or living expenses.
Online applications will be accepted.The required components for complete application packet are as follows:-
- Research Plan: The research plan should not exceed 1,000 words (excluding references).
- Candidate Statement: The candidate statement should explain how the Fellowship will enable you to undertake your research and contribute to your career, and why the Fellowship is important to the funding of your research. Please specify how this award will help to overcome any obstacles and barriers which may have impeded your career progress to date. You should bear in mind that the Fellowships are designed to provide flexible support and make a convincing case for the difference that this Fellowship will make to you. The candidate statement can include justification for the proposed expenditure choices that you make in the budget section of the application. The candidate statement should be roughly 500 words.
- Letter of acceptance from proposed host institution: Your application should include a letter of acceptance from your proposed host institution. The letter should confirm that the university/research institute is able to provide you with the appropriate space and facilities for the duration of the 12-month period to undertake the research that the Fellowship would support. You must upload the letter (as a word or pdf document) to your application.
- Letters of recommendation: A completed application requires two letters of recommendation. These should be written by individuals who have personal knowledge of your qualifications and suitability for the Fellowship. These referees should be academic supervisors acquainted with your most recent periods of formal academic study or research.
- Degree certificates: You do not need to send us your degree certificates at the time of application. If you are shortlisted for interview, you will be required to provide certified copies of your undergraduate and postgraduate degree certificates.
In this post, I will be sharing how to get a free Payoneer MasterCard with the $25 bonus amount. Find out more here: click this link
Note: If you do not follow the refferel link then you can not get $25 bonous. So if you want to get the $25 bonous, click this link