Deadline: February 22, 2017
Duration: 18 months.
Type: Paid Internship.
DW is looking for young people from all over the world interested in a comprehensive, exceptional quality journalism program with an international broadcaster. Candidates should have journalism experience or be passionate about switching to journalism from technology/IT, economics or the sciences. DW is looking for open-minded people full of creative ideas.
The program covers the range of skills a journalist of the future needs: TV moderation, multimedia storytelling, data journalism, social media and virtual reality – in seminars, workshops and of course the DW editorial offices and our correspondent bureaux in Washington, Moscow and Brussels.
DW trainees are involved in long-term innovative, international projects and have been honored in past years with the CNN Journalism Award and the Grimme Prize.
DW Journalism Traineeship:
- 18 months;
- trainee salary;
- international broadcaster in 30 languages;
- crossmedia: TV, online and radio;
- six months of seminar blocks;
- internships in Berlin and Bonn;
- placement with DW foreign bureau;
- international multimedia projects;
- well-known media trainers.
- English native speakers with a good working knowledge of German;
- German native speakers with an excellent working knowledge of English;
- Native speakers of another DW program language with a good, working knowledge of both English and German.
- Candidates must also have completed a university or college degree or apprenticeship.
The next traineeship program begins in September 2017. You can apply from January 2nd to February 22, 2017. DW only accept online applications via our website.
To apply, you will need to have completed a university or college degree prior to the start of the traineeship. We will also accept applications from candidates who can provide proof of having completed an apprenticeship or have graduated from a journalism school and have several years of experience as journalists. All applicants are required to include certified certificates of their qualifications in the form of pdf documents.
If you have any questions check FAQ’s or contact with Mr. Ramón García-Ziemsen (Head, Journalism Training) at firstname.lastname@example.org